Monday, June 22, 2009

Parting thoughts

Tomorrow my last adventure of this trip begins: I leave for home.

I'm trying to wrap up some parting thoughts on my last night here...

For anyone who might still think of genealogy and family history as something stuffy and boring even after reading along and following my blog, I don't think I can help you.  All of my wonderful adventures and friendships forged on this trip revolve around seeking connections to our roots, which goes hand in hand with seeking connections in the present.  

Thanks for traveling with me, thanks for hosting me, thanks for reading along with me, thanks for covering for me.

If you want to see me happy give me a good soup, a good beer, a good chocolate dessert and good company.

Auf Wiedersehen and Na sheldanou!

p.s.: Toto thinks I also need an espresso machine.............  

He may be riding home in my checked bag for that comment.........


Check back for links to my photos. 




3 comments:

Shirleen/Jerry said...

Thanks for the ride. I saw the house next to my grandmothers house in Muttersdorf in your picture. As I have battled a jaw ache and on the road comments by me have not been good. I will make a pdf file for you when you post your last message, if you want one? Jerry

Shirleen/Jerry said...

Thanks for the ride. I saw the house next to my grandmothers house in Muttersdorf. As I have battled a jaw ache and on the road comments by me have not been good. I will make a pdf file for you when you post your last message, if you want one? Jerry

John said...

Molly: THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts on this blog. I thoroughly enjoyed following the activities of your group ... it was just like being there myself. I now look forward to hearing your stories and even more pictures once you return home. All the best, John Berg , fellow Bohemian